1. The Commission shall, while investigating any matter under this Act, have all the powers of a civil court trying a suit and, in the particular, in respect of the following matters, namely:- Powers and functions of the Commission.
2. The Commission may, for the purpose of conducting investigation under this Act, utilize the services of --- Powers of the Commission to utilize the services of certain officers, and investigation agencies for conducting investigation.
3. For the purpose of conducting an investigation, any officer or agency referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (1), may, subject to the direction and control of the Commission.
4. Such officer or agency or the person shall investigate into the matter as directed by the Commission and submit a report thereon (hereinafter in this section referred to as “the investigation report”, to the Commission within such period, as may be specified by the Commission in this behalf.
5. The Commission shall satisfy itself about the correctness of the facts stated and the conclusions, if any, arrived at in the investigation report submitted to it under sub-section (3), and for this purpose, the Commission may make such inquiry (including the examination of the person or persons who conducted or assisted in the investigation, as it thinks fit.